Insurgents Call Jet Syria Attack De-escalation Area

Posted by Imam Larh on Tuesday, 13 March 2018

Insurgents Call Jet Syria Attack De-escalation Area
Insurgents and local residents have called government jet fighters attacking the territory of armed groups being made "de-escalation zones" in southern Syria on Monday (12/3).

Two high-ranking rebels told Reuters at least eight attacks struck the towns of Busr al-Harir, Hrak, al-Gharaiya al-Gharbiya and al-Sowara in a rural area east of Deera.
The United States and Russia agreed to make the region a de-escalation zone last year.

A rebel source said several targets were struck near the frontline of the battle north of Deraa, not far from the Syrian military large garrison around the state-controlled Izra.

Another attack struck the civil defense center in the Laja region and residential areas in 
several cities said a resident in Busr al Harir.

Read More : 60,000 Chinese Soldiers Plant a Tree in the interior

The southern region of Syria is one of three parts of the country where rebels opposed to President Bashar al-Assad still control large populations. Two other areas exist in the north near the border with Turkey and eastern Ghouta on the outskirts of Damascus.

Two senior diplomats say Jordan and Western nations are worried that Syrian troops backed by Russia will carry out a major offensive in the south if it succeeds in taking east of Ghouta.

A rebel commander said a series of attacks in the south looked like a warning to rebels sheltered by the Syrian Liberation Army (FSA). They are planning a major attack in the next few days to help their colleagues in Ghouta.

"Originally we were about to start the operation, and we have not announced when the attack will take place, and the regime carried out the attack first," said Abu Nabout, a commander in Liwa Tawheed al-Jnoob, one of the FSA's rebel factions.
Read More : Vehicle collision at Heathrow Airport

Another high-ranking rebel official said the FSA factions had been mobilizing troops to anticipate a bigger battle.

"I can say all the factions in the south are ready and alert with all the equipment and combat troops," said Khaled al-Faraj, commander of the rebel forces in Quneitra province.

The first US peacekeeping effort under Donald Trump's government that took place on 7 July was extended in November to an area bordering Israel and Jordan.

Despite some violations, the truce helped to reduce the tension of the battle and aimed to achieve a longer de-escalation, a step toward full conflict resolution.

Previous
« Prev Post

Related Posts

08:05

0 comments:

Post a Comment